It's time for another post involving fun quotes from the last few months. I find some of these hilarious and if you are having a bad day or just an OK day... at least one of these is sure to make you smile. :)
Excerpts from my "Mom's one line a day" book Jan-march 2011...
* Jadyn had some friends over today. She asked them if they wanted to listen to music and then said, "oh, I know, let's put in David Archuleta... Tayler's totally going to marry him!" Obviously she's heard that a time or two!
* Shane was off working on a Temple in Kentucky. Jadyn said,"I am so decided (excited), Daddy will be home in only 3 more sleeps!"
* We were reading scriptures in 3rd Nephi 28... and I was trying to pry at the kids for the answer "Nephites" - I said, "the three......" Jadyn jumped up and yelled, "Little Pigs, little pigs!!"
* We love playing games as a family. This night it was "word on the street". Saige is a little scattered brained (airheaded :)) sometimes, I think it's why she is so fun and lovable. But she comes up with crazy stuff. Here's a good one - the question was "a predator". She yells, "A Kangaroo... they're predators right?? Don't they eat antelopes??"
*Jadyn said, "You are the bestest in our house." (to Shane) I said, "What am I? She replied, "you are the bestest in our house too... you both are! I don't want you to feel bad, I'm not rude."
*Another Saige "air-head" moment. We are planning a trip to Williamsburg Virginia this summer. I was talking to Tayler and Saige about what they knew from History class about it. Tayler knew lots. Saige not so much - she saw a picture with snow from a live camera and said, "What! I thought it was a tropical island!" (Sometimes I wonder how this child has a 4.0!)
* We played a game of Yahtzee as a family. Every time Jady rolled she would yell, "Roxy". (Yahtzee). She was extra excited that she got "2 Roxies" in one game!!
* Jadyn was laying in my bed playing on her DSI. She tooted quite loud and I said, "Oh gross Jady." She said, "Too bad dad's not here he would have liked that." I laughed and she said, "Well wouldn't he? he does that all the time." Then she burst out laughing!
* This morning Jadyn came to snuggle with me in my bed. She looked at the window and said, "Let's turn on that window." (meaning let's open the blinds.) :)
* Jadyn was "baby talking" with Lydia today. She turns to me and says, "Me and Lydi... we're talkin' Spanish."
* Jadyn brought me a "Humpty Dumpty" book to read to her. She said, "O, this book is so sad, in the one @ school people helped Humpty Dumpty by taping him back up... but in our book they didn't even try to help him... they just let him lay there all cracked."
* Tonight we were reading in Mormon and it was talking about lots of "weapons." Kenna often doesn't listen real intently at scripture time. So Tayler said, "Kenna what were there lots of?" Kenna answered unsure, "Buttons?"
* Shane was off again to work on a Temple in Stockholm Sweden. This time for a long time... two weeks. Jadyn asked me, "when Daddy was getting home." I told her in 4 more days. She said, "O, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow then I can have my Daddy back... yeah!"
* Apparently Tayler can't decide who she is going to marry. The girls went to the new Justin Beiber movie. When they got home Jadyn said, "Tayler are you REALLY going to marry Justin Beiber?" I can see why she was confused only a few weeks ago it was David Archuletta. :)
*We had a poinsettia that was still alive in Feb. Saige said, "Man how long do those Priscella's live?"
* Today my child did something I never thought she would do. Kenna cut her hair - by herself. I noticed it and said, "Kenna who cut your hair!" She went to the mirror and looked in the mirror with her mouth open like she had no idea what we were talking about! Later she admitted that it was in a pony and falling in her eyes when she was doing her homework - so she cut "her bangs" (which she didn't have) to the scalp... I could have died!
* I'm sure one day Jadyn will die that I shared this with the world... but it was hilarious. While we were on our cruise Kimi was here with the girls and she told us this story... She was bathing Lydia and Trey (her little boy). Jadyn was watching and asked, "What is that on Trey's bum." Kimi explained that is what boys look like - Jadyn asked, "All of them?" Kimi told her yes. And then Jadyn said... "Well that looks really silly..."
* Then another day people were talking about how Lydia and Trey look alike and Jadyn piped in, "Yeah, but you can tell them apart when they are naked huh."
* I rarely take a bath. (Well that sounded weird I just shower not bath... :)) Anyway this night Jadyn was up late and I was trying to get her to go to bed. I finally did and started running my tub. She comes running in, "Oh, mom do you need me to bath you tonight?" I assured her I would be OK without her. :)
* Jadyn said to me, "We love our Daddy don't we? He reaches really high things, and if we didn't have him we would have to keep going to the garage like everyday to get the ladder." :)
* Random thought from Kenna, "I think that Leprechauns have pimples... That's just what I think of when I think of a Leprechaun!"
* Today Jadyn was playing with her friend and she said all excited, "Guess what! My Uncle Jeff is going to be a REAL Dentist!!" She's proud of her Uncle Jeff, but her friend wasn't real impressed. :)
* A story from Lisa (our awesome neighbor :))... Jadyn went to her house and she invited her in. Lisa said, "Jadyn you look cold do you want to wrap up in this blankie with me?" Jadyn said, "Don't you want to ask me something else?" Lisa said, "Like what Jadyn?" Jadyn's response, "I don't know.. Maybe like... do you want some M&M's or treats or something?" (That Jadyn has it all worked out... she KNOWS she is not supposed to ask for treats... but if someone asks HER...! That's what I call a Loophole!:))
* St. Patrick's Day was fun... It started with a "Leprechaun" dying the milk green. Jadyn would NOT drink it. She said, "I know it won't hurt me but I'm not doing it!" Then she told Kenna she needed to watch her feet while Kenna drank it to see if they turned green. Apparently last year Shelby (her preschool teacher and my bestest buddy) had made some green footprints and told them all that it was from drinking green milk!
* Jadyn will be starting soccer soon so we pulled out the ball to let her and Kenna kick it around. She has been learning "bat mahs" in dance (kicks). Jadyn ran around the yard singing, "We're playing bat mahs, we're playing bat mahs!"
* Lydia is learning fun new things... Like how she nods her head when we say prayers, and she wants to try on every body's shoes, She says "Wow" when she does something cool, and "Hi" when I walk into the room, she points at things and says quite clear... "What's that?" She goes up and down her slide (inside) over and over again. She shakes her head yes and no. She points to eyes, nose, etc. She giggles and shows us her little toothless grin (and yippee tooth #3 and #4 just burst through this week... Top middle right and top right molar. I'm expecting more to make their appearance very soon!) And altogether makes us so very very happy... I adore that little girl! It won't be too long before she will be saying all kinds of stuff that I get to write down for her. Love you Lydi!!
* Last week Jadyn went to her friend Andy's house. They had lunch together and they happened to have corn dogs... Jadyn's favorite. Andy asked his mom while they were eating what corn dogs were made of. She told him "pigs". Jadyn wouldn't eat another bite!! On the way home I told her that we eat lots of things made from animals... milk, cheese, hamburger, bacon, ham etc. She said, "Well that is gross, especially since I don't really even like animals!" (She hasn't asked for a corn dog since. Maybe she's going to be a vegetarian... except she doesn't like most vegetables either!)
So did any of those make you smile????
I think that life would be pretty boring without all our kids around to entertain us!!
We love you girls!!
Keep the funny things coming!!